Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Twilight Zone

Hello. Its been ages. I blame the constant mini-tests, speeches and homework which are the bane of my college life. I curse them all. But for now, I am free from everything. For a brief hour, I am in the Twilight zone. Daylight Savings has just set in today, so we all have to set our clocks back 1 hour. So technically, after I'm done typing my cares and woes here, it'll still be the same time as before I started. Weird shit huh?
Who cares? I get an extra hour today.

Here's whats been happening the past month or so(besides studying senselessly, while the people around me all get drunk)...

I went to a Foo Fighters/Weezer/Kaizer Chief's concert...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Suck it, Masturbating Monkey. Suck it suck it suck it....
Besides some other random Punk boy rock bands that pretend to have family problems and vent their frustrations on stage(Fallout Boy and Dave Matthews Band), guess what else is coming on Nov 6th,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now if i could only buy tickets in time...

I went to Six Flags amusement park in St Louis...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Its like any other park with lots of fun rides that help people lose their caps, glasses, wallets and any other loose items in their pockets...
And no amusement park is complete with carnival folks who rig their games, making sure you have as much chance of winning a prize as you have of pulling a monkey out of your ass.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This poor chap over here spent $40 worth of "special balls" on this game, before he won some sort of large Care Bear stuffed toy.. Sucker!! (I spent $25 and didn't win that 5-foot tall Scooby-Doo stuffed toy, damn him...)

When poor(litreally) international students want to buy winter clothes, poor international students have to rent a(few) car(s) and drive to the nearest factory outlet mall, which is about 40 miles or so away(not including miles spent travelling in the wrong direction due to "Newbie Navigator in Foreign Country" skills)..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In such far away places, its common to find pre-world-war-2 retro style diners everywhere...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Like pigeons attracted to shiny objects, the pretty chrome exterior attracted us to go inside and introduce them to our moneys. It was not long before we realized that small numbers with "99" at the back of them, like $1.99 + $2.99 + $9.99 + 3.99 add up to US$23.32 with tax. Convert that to SGD and its 40 bucks for a steak, soup, sides and drink from DANNYs... Note to self : Stay the fuck away from shiny objects...


My roommate comes home drunk sometimes(usually when he has a test the next day).
Our ex-wingman Manan "Shit that Wedgie really hurt" Shah tried to take advantage of his handicap by attacking him. As usual, he proved no match for American Muscle(with alcohol).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pictured here strangling Indian in one hand, talking to girl he likes on phone in another hand.


Its halloween weekend this week, following tradition, I decided to dress up too.
I needed something nice, fluffy and cuddly, so all the girlies would want to hug.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I wonder if a 6 foot chicken was a good idea....
I did get lots of hugs and kisses, but my thick furry carapace took away every last bit of enjoyment.


We played broomball yesterday.
Basically you just walk on the ice arena with normal shoes and whack a ball around with a stick.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Its ice hockey for people who can't skate for nuts.
Besides the cuts and bruises on my knuckles and knees, I really enjoyed eating ice for 2 hours everytime I fell.

Right, my 1 hour Daylight Savings bonus is about to run out. After that, its back to my life of Essays, speeches homework and tests..

If anyone wants anything from America before I come back in December, tell me now, or forever hold your peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger We, the citizens... said...

will you bring me shiny objects from america?

3:15 AM  
Blogger Horny Goat Breaks Wind said...

I want girls... just stuff them in your luggage.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Heavenly Drain Water Chicken said...

Ok, i will bring back china girls with shiny teeth in my luggage.. Does that satisfy all 3 criteria? All i need to do is find one(and stuff her in my samsonite)

1:18 AM  
Blogger We, the citizens... said...

good luck with that mr chicken. =)

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kuzin Joshua, I love your chicken suit. I LOVE it like OMG I LOVE YOUR CHICKEN SUIT!!! Can you please bring THAT back for me?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Horny Goat Breaks Wind said...

Actually. Get me Krispy Kremes... I wanna compare the taste of the ones there to the ones here. Oh, and also get me a spoiler, we will let chio bu wear it so he can drive (or walk) himself back home in style.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home