Sunday, July 25, 2004

Happy Family Dinner

OOoo i guess its time to update the ol blog...
I just came back from a nice family dinner with my grandparents, uncls, aunts and cousins...
It was my granddad's(whom i so affectionately call Ah-Ye) birthday... we went to the Long beach seafood resturant(boy, if i had $5000 for everytime i went there to eat, i'd have enough money to buy an Evo8). The funny thing about my family gatherings(father's side), is that we're family, yet everything seems so alien... My aunt brings a magazine to read and plays with her phone, my ah ye talks about anything to everyone, and wishes lee kwan yew dies every birthday.he talks to my grandma sometimes, but she just shuns him. (she punched him in the stomach once, she's a regular fox)... My ah ye is an interesting fella, but thats another entry for another time...my little cousin(e smallest) always brings one of her new toys(she never seems to run out of em) to share with whoever sits next to her. Then theres my 2 other cousins... They're crazy(in a good way),esp the smaller one.(Tiff, if ur reading this, i just want you to know that i think ur really cool, the best... please don't hurt me) They take after their mom(the crazy part) I have a feeling theres alot of dislikeness between my family members... Kinda like the Montagues and Capulets, just that we're all Capulets, an eternal family feud... darn, im not making much sense(i blame the army for my lack of coherence) I like my family dinners... i often look around, and smile at everyone, just to see if anyone would smile back... and if they're not looking down trying to avoid eye contact, they're prob eating.... Sigh... But they're a nice bunch....
If you ever think im crazy, i got it from my family(and im proud of it)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home