Monday, December 04, 2006

Starhub is evil

Evil is a very loose word. I think deceptive pile of lying turd is probably closer. I dont know whats been happening to Starhub since I have been away for so long but apparantly they cut their own cables. Im unsure but it smells like conspiracy to me. So anyway, if you surf all the forums, apparantly they have been throttling bittorrent downloads for all their users. Even utorrent mentioned Singapore as an active participant in download throttling. I dont think anyone outside of Malaysia has heard of Singapore and this tiny upstart of a developer probably got slammed by the collective bitching of bittorrent users in Singapore.

I took all that crap with a huge hunk of salt and started playing World of Warcraft. Woot i thought, all i need is world of warcraft... WRONG!!! I needed cable as well... and Starhub took down my World of Warcraft as collateral damage. I can hardly play 20 minutes without a disconnect from my server leaving my Dwarf warrior to sprout dasies up his ass in the face of constantly respawning boars while I frantically try to re-log on. This is of course in comparison to the connection in Australia, Sydney where the disconnect is about 4 hours at a time. And this is comparing purpotedly 6 megabit cable connection to a 256 kb/s ADSL connection.

Anyway I ran some speed tests and everything seemed fine... Which made me suspicious... I am downloading OpenOffice at 30kb/s and you tell me I have 6 megabits available? You think I was only educated in Singapore??? Which basically means all the broadband companies offering speed evaluations were lying their ass off... I went to someplace called SAP in Singapore, stopped my downloads and I found my bandwidth was about 698.07 kbps. For everyone out there, thats like 9x less than the advertised rate. From a server in Singapore no less. This all smacks of false advertising and misleading and deceptive conduct (thank you Law Gen Ed class).

This is not meant to be funny... If you wanna fuck up Bittorrent users... Fuck them up. I could care less. But im a World of Warcraft user and my packets are worth more than your packets.

So anyway, in summery.

Starhub is

1) Shortchanging its customers (i.e. fucking them over)
2) Covering up their shit by saying they cut their own cable (or whatever)
3) Is misleading and deceptive (to me and thats all that matters)
4) Hates World of Warcraft users
5) Hates Bittorrent users
6) Is an all-powerful entity capable of doing all this crap and no one has dared go against it's green ass... almost like Bush and that Irag thing. Not that a bunch of sandy Arabs had a chance against 10 billion in explosives and enough lives to start summoning an Arch-Daemon.
7) Making me study for my GAMSAT because I have nothing better to do

8 Comments:

Blogger Horny Goat Breaks Wind said...

Sigh... Ryan Ryan Ryan... if it is in kB/s... that means Kilobytes... if you see kb/s... that means kilobits... Dont try to smoke the evil extraterrestrial Paladin from Stormwind Keep with a Mohawk.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]dafansu.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research points that nearly 60% of all United States adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am mesmerized by your thinking. But I couldn’t understand why you have written so little about Gamsat practice. You should be a little more descriptive about how one can get good Gamsat tips. Also you should have written about sites which offers Gamsat style questions. Free gamsat test

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I must agree with you. Gamsat preparation is not that easy if there is no one to help you. But now a day there are many sites which provide Gamsat prep help. But finding the best helping guide for Gamsat is difficult. Gamsat

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I must agree with you. Gamsat preparation is not that easy if there is no one to help you. But now a day there are many sites which provide Gamsat prep help. But finding the best helping guide for Gamsat is difficult. Gamsat prep

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Free gamsat practice said...

Wow! Your writing was very informative I must say. There are many people looking for Free gamsat practice guides. You’ll find many sites that provide this kind of help, all these Free gamsat test is not up to the candidate’s longings. I am also, searching for a good site which can provide me with Free gamsat prep. Free gamsat practice

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Free gamsat practice said...

Wow! Your writing was very informative I must say. There are many people looking for Free gamsat practice guides. You’ll find many sites that provide this kind of help, all these Free gamsat test is not up to the candidate’s longings. I am also, searching for a good site which can provide me with Free gamsat prep. Free gamsat practice

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Gamsat Questions said...

Thank you sharing exceptional information's , Your own website is really so cool.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home